Friday, February 25, 2011

Getting ready to crawl

It has been a month since i've done a post! Life has just been so busy this last month I havn't had a lot of time to blog but a lot has happened. I did my Leadership clinical, for which I was in the ER at Portneuf. It was quite the adventure. I was able to get a lot of experience with many great nurses and with my preceptor Steve. I was able to start tons and tons of IV's, which is fun because it is so nice to be able to start them with just one try! I was even able to start a 14 gauge IV which is absolutely huge and I seriously hope that I never have to have one of those myself. It is just about the biggest one they make, if not the biggest! I got it on the first try and I was very proud of myself! I did CPR for the first time in my life on a real person, not just a manequin. I got to know many of the police, as they come into the ER quite a bit! I would not mind working in an ER somewhere one day. Adam was so great during this time I was doing this clinical. He had to spend 6 whole nights with Shelby all by himself! He did a great job though. Anyways, enough about me and now i'm gonna tell about our little Shelby. Shelby has been moving around a lot lately. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, around the end of January, Shelby started scooting herself around, except she would only scoot herself backwards. And she would scoot until she was under the couch. She would get under the couch and make sure you saw her and then she would smile and giggle for a minute and then start crying! Here are the pictures to prove it!



I am just a moving-scooting girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment