Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vegas Trip

For spring break, Adam and I decided last minute that we would go down to Vegas for a few days. We left our little Shelby with Grandma Gay and Grandpa Jim. I was extremely nervous about doing this because it was the first time we were going to leave her over night. I was so nervous I debated about whether or not we should even go or that we should just take her with us. Well Gay came and got her on the Wednesday night and took her to Blackfoot and Adam and I left for Vegas. The whole drive I just kept saying, "well Shelbys probably doing this" or "Shelby is going to sleep now and we don't get to kiss her".....Lets just say Shelby is all I could think about! But it got better and it was sad leaving her but we were able to do much more without her! Plus, she got to spend quality time with grandma and grandpa because normally she doesn't spend a ton of time with them. So enough about that....On Wednesday night we drove to St. George. On the way we stopped at my favorite place, Chick-fil-a for dinner!! YUMMY!! We stayed the night at Adam's Aunt Ann's house. Ann and Preston were so kind to let us stay and made us a wonderful breakfast on Thursday morning. After breakfast, we drove the hour and half to Vegas! Before making it to our hotel, we stopped at the Shelby museum. Adam loves to stop here when we go to Vegas. They had some drag racing going on at the race track there so of course we had to go and see the cars! Adam was a very happy boy that day! Friday was the best day ever! Adam found this place where you can ride go-carts for $20 for a whole hour. It was great fun because they go extremely fast. We had tons of fun there. Then the best part of the day was when we decided to go to a show. I have always loved the Price is Right and in Vegas they have a Price is Right live version. We wanted to go on Thursday but they were sold out so we got tickets for Friday night. And can you believe that I got called up? I was able to go up and bid on this vending-fridge thing. I was the last out of 4 to bid and the lady next to me bid $125 so I decided to go with $127. And the price was $134 so I won!!! Then I got to go on stage and try to win a new refridgerator. I played the game "cliff hanger". It is where you have to bid on 3 items and get within $24 of the price on all 3 to win. If you go over, the man falls off the mountain. So I bid $11 on the first item, which was this pair of cleaning slippers. It was $14 so I was $3 off! Then I bid $28 on this egg cooker thing. It was $30 so I was $2 off! Then there was a wine opening set. I had no idea and I even told all of the drunk people there that I didn't drink wine so I needed extra help! I guessed $46 and it was like $63  but I still ended up winning! So instead of taking the fridge, I took cash instead. We celebrated by going to get pizza! The next day Adam and I went to the Vegas temple. I have always loved the Vegas temple so it was great to be able to finally go. That night, we went and rode the rides at the Stratosphere. Let's just say it's good that we have life insurance because I thought we were going to die hanging almost 1000ft in the air. Also, the night before we left we really wanted to get in a hot tub and our hotel only had a pool. So what did we do? we snuck into the hotel next to ours! The hotel was Tahiti Village (where we will stay next time). It had a sweet pool with a sand beach that led you into the pool. It also had a lazy river. But the hot tub was great! We had a ton of fun! And one more funny thing. On our drive down, I really wanted a starkist from Dairy Queen. So at 11PM we stopped at this Chevron/Dairy Queen. The DQ was not opened so I had to settle for a push-up. While we were standing in line the guy in front of us said, "I thought you had to be under 6 to buy those"? I said well I love them! Then he proceeds to say, "well MY KIDS who are 6 love them"! haha! funny guy. Who says you have to be a kid to love treats??





This was the really really fast go-cart!


Okay so this guy was a freak. He wanted to take our pictures and then was like okay you guys need to kiss for a picture...weirdo! And he was trying to get up close and personal with me..I was a little freaked out hince the scarcastic smile on my face! And then he said he collects tips for taking pictures! Every day and night when we drove by this sign he was out there taking pictures and i'm sure he was asking everyone else for tips too. Too bad Adam's not the kind of guy to say no!


can't really see us but just take in the beautiful background

You can barely see Adam in the grey shirt representing North Carolina for my girl Kankle!

1000 ft in the air!!!

So Adam always gets these crazy pictures of me...just let me explain because I had to put this on here because it is so funny! I was telling this guy how scared I was and I was jumping around because I was so nervous. But this is the pose Adam got me in. The guy in the control room thought he was pretty funny too because he kept tricking us as to when he was gonna shoot us in the air!

So they didn't allow cameras in the show so this is the pic Adam took on his phone!
My Vending-Fridge came!! How sweet huh! I was so excited! You actually get to push the button for the soda to come out!

2 comments:

  1. You CRACK me up!! Your trip sounds like a blast. I can't believe you got to on stage to the Price in Right!! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, that's the Price IS Right. :)

    ReplyDelete