Friday, June 3, 2011

Graduation

Can I just say that I waited for this day for many, many, many years. Did I say years? I graduated with a Bachelors of Science, Nursing degree. It feels so great to have an education and to be able to be apart of a profession that saves peoples' lives. On Friday, May 6th our school had our pinning ceremony. A nurses' pin is a big deal for us! Even though I will probably never wear it, it is nice to have. Then May 7th was the actual graduation where I walked across the stage to receive my diploma cover. It was 3 hours long, which is really long to sit there and wait to get your 1 minute of fame. It was pretty cool that we had the Jakob Dillian guy from the Wallflowers band there to play us a song! But it was a great weekend. It was great to have Annette and George come out from Alabama to take apart of all of my gradation activities. Something funny from the weekend: During graduation, I was sitting down on the football field and I could hear Shelby crying all the way up in the bleachers. I was thinking, yep she got the Gunter genes crying and screaming that loud!! We only brought her to the graduation because our good friend Kim babysat for us during the pinning ceremony. I'm sure my mom is so proud that her daughter graduated nursing school just like she did. I have her picture from when she graduated from nursing school and I want to make a big picture of both of our graduation pictures together. It will be nice to move on to the next chapter of our lives, but it will be a huge change not going back to school in August because that is what I have always known my whole life. I would just like to give a huge thanks to Adam for all of his support and encouragement through this whole process. He was always there to encourage me even when I would drive him crazy worrying about tests and papers! He endured the great journey with me every step of the way, considering we met within my first month of my college career! crazy huh! He is the most wonderful husband and I am so lucky to have him. Also, thanks to my little Shelby for being such a great little girl and making it easy on her mom to finish school. Luckily, she only had 1 cold and that was the only time she got sick. She also slept all through the night the fall semester and only woke up once during the night while I was in my last semester. What a blessing! Thanks to all the other wonderful people in my life who helped me make it through school, I love you all. So Cheers to the next chapter in the Adam and Gayleen Sorensen Journal........
(about to walk across the stage to get my pin)
                                                                            getting my pin

                                              my wonderful, supportive, and good-looking husband
              Annette and George were so kind to come all the way from Alabama to be apart of my graduation
                                                                              Adam's mom
                                        Some of my good friends I went through nursing school with



No comments:

Post a Comment